Grow Lamp Sylvania TWIN ARC 400W - Growth And Flowering
high pressure sodium lamp with double arc tube construction
Growing lamp TWIN ARC 400W Sylvania is a high pressure sodium bulb. The most powerful bulb on the market that emits up to 60,000 lumens.
Sylvania TWIN ARC 400W Range Features
- Range of high pressure sodium lamps with double arc tube construction
- Dual arc tube design guarantees immediate re-strike after a power interruption
- Doubled lamp life and reduced occurrence of early failures
- Exceptional reliability, offering 6 years of maintenance-free service and superior lumen maintenance, exceeding 95% over life
- Ideal for applications which are difficult to access, or where maintenance is expensive
- Perfect for tunnels, airports, military installations, harbours and industrial sites
Sylvania is inventor of the so-called Standby SON lamp pictured here, which incorporates two identical arc tubes electrically connected in parallel. The purpose is two-fold. The principal reason for the development is that when the electricity supply is restored after a momentary interruption, there is a second cool arc tube inside the lamp which can be illuminated instantaneously without delay. The hot arc tube which was in use beforehand cannot be ignited for several minutes until after it has cooled down, and in certain applications the delay may be unacceptable.
In addition, the fact that the lamp contains two arc tubes means that its service life can effectively be doubled. This is particularly useful in installations where maintenance is difficult.